set type digest mode? plus other query

Werewolf werewolf6851 at
Thu Oct 23 18:53:06 CEST 2008

Faramir wrote:
> Werewolf escribió:
>> Been trying find references on net etc
>> Is there way to set which digest mode gpg uses for clear signed messages
>>  depending on which uid is set as the primary??  Tried edited the uid
>> with setpref S9 S8 S7 S3 S2 H8 H3 H9 H10 Z2 Z3 Z1 but it still adds sha1
>> and messages are set with sha1 even while h8 (sha256) first in the list.
>   If I am not wrong (but keep in mind I can be wrong), setpref has to do
> with what you can/prefer to receive (that is, when you are the recipient
> of the message). To change your preferences as a sender, try with
> personal-digest-preferences H8 H3 H9 H10  in your gpg.conf file.
>  Best Regards

That brings up query for using Engimail with ThunderbirdPortable.  It
want the gpg binaries in Apps/gpg dir and the keyrings in Data/gpg.  Am
I to assume the gpg.conf should be with the keyrings (Data/gpg)?

Secondly I wonder if since my key is 1024 bit DSA that limits the algo
usable to say sha1, md5, etc?  Saw a note about "--enable-dsa2" option,
not all applications support this yet. Given latency of the net; is this
note still very relevant or just slight relevant?

- --
  Skype: Werewolf6851
===== Instant Messenger Accounts ======
 Yahoo: lover_of_lycra
   ICQ: 304325894
   MSN: lover_of_lycra at
   AIM: LycraloverWolf
 GPG key 76E6C1BC with following fingerprint
D508 2C9D B3A9 2F0E E472  95A8 2D8C B9E6 76E6 C1BC
Mal: "If anyone gets nosy, know... shoot 'em."

Zoe: "Shoot 'em?"

Mal: "Politely."
				--Episode #1, "Serenity"
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
Comment: Portable Thunderbird version (20080914)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -