set type digest mode? plus other query

Werewolf werewolf6851 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 05:38:07 CEST 2008

Robert J. Hansen wrote:
>> Secondly I wonder if since my key is 1024 bit DSA that limits the algo
>> usable to say sha1, md5, etc?  Saw a note about "--enable-dsa2" option,
>> not all applications support this yet. Given latency of the net; is this
>> note still very relevant or just slight relevant?
>
> Your question is not very clear.  I will try to answer it nevertheless.
>
> Q: Without the --enable-dsa2 option, is DSA limited to SHA1, md5, etc.?
> A: The question cannot be answered.
>
> Q: Without the --enable-dsa2 option, what hashes may be used with DSA?
> A: SHA1 and RIPEMD160.
>
> Q: Is the note about app support of DSA2 still relevant?
> A: Depends on who you correspond with.  There are still a lot of PGP 6
>    installs out there.
>
> Q: Should --enable-dsa2 be used?
> A: Probably.  The sooner we can convince people using legacy systems to
>    upgrade, the better off we'll all be.

Thanks for info :)
Thinking next key I make going to be a 2048 dsa2 with rsa signing key
and elg encrypt sub keys

- --

Werewolf
=======================================
  http://spandex31095.tripod.com/
  Skype: Werewolf6851
===== Instant Messenger Accounts ======
 Yahoo: lover_of_lycra
   ICQ: 304325894
   MSN: lover_of_lycra at hotmail.com
   AIM: LycraloverWolf
 GPG key 76E6C1BC with following fingerprint
D508 2C9D B3A9 2F0E E472  95A8 2D8C B9E6 76E6 C1BC
Harrow: "You didn't have to wound the man."

Mal: "Yeah, I know, it was just funny."
				--Episode #4, "Shindig"