PGP 6.5.8 ckt,?just say no.

vedaal at hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Tue Oct 28 19:49:29 CET 2008

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
wrote on Tue Oct 28 17:00:07 CET 2008 :

>Now that is an... interesting key.  It's a V4 (OpenPGP) key with V3
>(PGP 2.x) binding signature).  GPG won't cross-certify such a key
>because it is a one-way change.  Once cross-certified, the binding
>signature will be V4 (OpenPGP).

well, it's a v4 key
and i'm perfectly happy
with it having a v4 binding sig ;-)

>  Note that you can't change the
>expiration date of the subkey on that key either
>(for the same reason).

also OK

so,
is there any way that gnupg *could* do it?
(i.e.
--ignore-v3-signature
--unchangeable-expiration-date
--cross-certify-just-do-it-override)

or any other really cool undocumented option  ;-)

*NOT* a feature request,
i can live with it ;-)
save the work on feature requests
for features that are really useful to many people

but if there is a workaround that can be done with existing options,
please let me know

Thanks,

vedaal

any ads or links below this message are added by hushmail without
my endorsement or awareness of the nature of the link

--
Find the apartment of your dreams by clicking here now!
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4dn86Bapr4ZPNetRU1Q5Spett2QMxrN3ICcHsyIepSOgIo03/