Decrypt multiple Encrypted files within a folder

vedaal at hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Fri Oct 31 15:28:03 CET 2008

Duwaine Robinson duwainer at srlcd.com

Duwaine Robinson wrote:

>Seems easy enough. Happens that I am trying to get this done on
windows

have tested Vlad's suggestions,
and it can be done the same way on windows by installing cygwin
http://www.cygwin.com/
and entering Vlad's commands at the cygwin $ prompt

caveats:

[1] after installing cygwin,
add a copy of gpg.exe into the folder C:\cygwin\bin

[2] cygwin needs the 'slashes' for the path *reversed*
(i.e)
for purposes of illustration,
let's say that the directory whose files you want to encrypt, is
c:\et
and the directory whose files you want to decrypt, is c:\dt
and your encryption keyname is Boo
and the passphrase is Foo,

then Vlad's commands on cygwin in windows, would be:

To encrypt:
$ find c:/et -type f -execdir gpg -r Boo -e {} \;

To decrypt:
$ find c:/dt -type f -iname '*.gpg' -execdir gpg --passphrase Foo
{} \;

n.b.

it *must* be c:/et and c:/dt
NOT
c:\et and c:\dt

otherwise, cygwin will give the following error message:
find: c:et: No such file or directory

vedaal

any ads or links below this message are added by hushmail without
my endorsement or awareness of the nature of the link

--
Planning for retirement? Click for free information on 401(k) plans.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4dPk53k9dJqStLnuOF0m11J7ObOhbIDhCDIZBHBtLSz7cE1Z/