Troubleshooting signatures

allen.schultz at gmail.com allen.schultz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 16:03:48 CEST 2009

Ok. I'm getting a wierd signature verification message in two programs and I have a few questions. First the situation.

Inline signatures received from more than one person. Recently checked Godwin Stewart's signature (0xD769AF76) first with FireGPG. It is giving me a flat out "Wrong signature". When I copy to clipboard and tried with WinPT (Using Windows 7), it gave me the following status below.

Signature is good. Warning: This key is not certified with a trusted signature! There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.

First. Does the trust warning screw up FireGPG's signature validity or am I missing something else? Second, is this the normal reaction from GnuPG v1.4.9?

Any help in understanding this would be helpful.

--
Allen Schultz <Allen.Schultz at gmail.com>