'Tis the Season.

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Dec 23 08:23:32 CET 2009

Regardless of your personal beliefs or lack thereof, I think we can
broadly agree that this is a good time of the year to reflect on the
year, what's happened in it, what good fortune we've had and our hopes
for the future.

As with many previous years, I feel that it's been our good fortune to
have GnuPG and an active, involved community.  A lot of people volunteer
their time, effort and knowledge to help people out, to develop new
code, to provide new translations, to... the list of contributors to
GnuPG is legion, and I'm grateful for every single one.

So, to the developers, to the testers, to the people who answer newbie
questions, to the people who generate signal and absorb noise, to the
people who advocate healthy paranoia, and to everyone who cares about
email privacy...

Thank you, deeply and sincerely, for all you've done in this last year.
 Please keep up the good work.  I appreciate it more than you know.

Rather than donate to GnuPG directly -- which, for a lot of reasons, is
really hard to do: how do you decide who should get how much of the
donation? -- I'm making a donation to the EFF this year, since they're a
charitable organization that seems to be very much in line with GnuPG's
goals.  If you're interested in doing likewise, you can donate on-line at:

	http://www.eff.org/

Just click the big red "Donate" button.  :)