Manually seeding CSPRNG?

Jesus jesus.diaz.vico at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 21:47:00 CET 2009

Hello everybody,

I have a simple question. I've been reading the "Random Numbers" chapter
from the Libgcrypt Reference Manual and I haven't seen a way to manually
establishing the seed of the CSPRNG algorithms (may be because that
could make a CSPRNG produce not Cryptographically Secure random
sequences if the seed is not adequate?), so, my question is if it would
be possible to manual-seed any libgcrypt CSPRNG algorithm (and if there
is a "quick" way -a function or similar- for doing so) or if it is not
recommendable.

Thank you.