5 - 2009-01-08 17:29:06 gpg-agent[31643.6] DBG: -> ERR 67108881 No secret key <GPG Agent>

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jan 9 14:02:52 CET 2009

On Fri,  9 Jan 2009 00:37, cpollock at embarqmail.com said:
> What would cause this to be displayed in the log? My secret key has been
> imported and I can sign messages. After signing a message this error
> disappears. Any idea what is causing this?

There is a gpg-agent command HAVEKEY which is used to check whether an
X.509 key is available.  The error message may come from there.

Or if you try to decrypt or sign an CMS message without having
information on the key used.

Thus this all pertains to X.509/CMS and thus to gpgsm.  It might be
possible that you see this if you use --enable-ssh-support.  OpenPGP
(gpg2) should not use the agent in this way.  To further check you should
look back in the log for the actual command send to the agent.  This
will be a line with "gpg-agent[31643.6]" in it.  The first number in
brackets is the PID of the agent and the second one the file descriptor
of the connection.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner