Subject: Re: recover private key

Avi avi.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 14:46:40 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Robert J. Hansen <rjh at sixdemonbag.org>wrote:

> Avi wrote:
> > Yes, Robert, that is possible. However, IIRC, signatures come with a
> > time stamp.
>
> The OpenPGP time stamp is not a trusted timestamp and should not be
> relied upon for any trusted purpose.

Point taken.

> > In the case I am envisioning, the quotER is taking it from
> > somwhere, and the quotEE can show the prior, complete post.
>

>  > Yes, this does not prevent someone from pre-creating two different
> > messages, but someone resorting to that level of duplicity is both
> > uncommon and will likely have other prevaricatory methods as well.
>
> There's no pre-creation necessary in the scenario I outlined.  Maybe I
> just know an uncommon class of scoundrels, but that level of
> skullduggery is fairly tame in my experience.

Again, point taken, and remind me not to trust your friends with my wallet
8-)

Thanks for the explanations, Robert.

--Avi

----
en:User:Avraham

pub 1024D/785EA229 3/6/2007 Avi (Wikipedia-related) <aviwiki at gmail.com>
   Primary key fingerprint:  D233 20E7 0697 C3BC 4445 7D45 CBA0 3F46 785E
A229