storing gpg keys on a database

Ramon Loureiro ramon.loureiro at upf.edu
Tue Jan 20 10:10:43 CET 2009

David Shaw wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 11:43:21AM +0100, Ramon Loureiro wrote:
>
>> Werner Koch wrote:

>>> Export them _without_ the option --armor and store them as a binary blob.
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks, but I'd like to build an application to quick search for keys
>> and the input should be an email...
>> If I have to export on the fly every key, it will be very slow.... isn't?
>>

> Almost everything you need is done for you: set up a keyserver.

And does a keyserver use a database? or is it based on a filesystem and
on the fly operations?
(I know how to handle online-databases (mySQL, Postgres...) with perl,
pyton or PHP but I don't know anything about LDAP...)

My idea is having these structures to easy see who has signed someone's key
keyID | fingerprint | uid-1| email-1| isRevocated
keyID | fingerprint | uid-2| email-2| isRevocated
keyID | fingerprint | uid-N|email-N| isRevocated

keyID |signedbyKeyID-1| isRevocated
keyID |signedbyKeyID-2| isRevocated
keyID |signedbyKeyID-3| isRevocated
keyID |signedbyKeyID-M | isRevocated

So I "only" need to store the fingerprint, the email and the signatures...

Thanks to all of you

Ramon