gpg-agent acting funny

Felipe Alvarez felipe.alvarez at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 23:01:53 CET 2009

Hi all. I'm new here, so please be gentle =). I've read the information
about getting gpg-agent to work. I don't use X, but I login remotely with
ssh (publickey authentication). My gpg-agent is acting funny. after ssh
login, I get this error
--
felipe at suse-amd:~> gpg-agent
gpg-agent[32408]: can't connect to `/home/felipe/.gnupg/S.gpg-agent': No

test -z "$PROFILEREAD" && . /etc/profile || true

# Most applications support several languages for their output.
# To make use of this feature, simply uncomment one of the lines below or
# add your own one (see /usr/share/locale/locale.alias for more codes)
# This overwrites the system default set in /etc/sysconfig/language
# in the variable RC_LANG.
#
#export LANG=de_DE.UTF-8        # uncomment this line for German output
#export LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8        # uncomment this line for French output
#export LANG=es_ES.UTF-8        # uncomment this line for Spanish output

# Some people don't like fortune. If you uncomment the following lines,
# you will have a fortune each time you log in ;-)

#if [ -x /usr/bin/fortune ] ; then
#    echo
#    /usr/bin/fortune
#    echo
#fi
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin:/sbin
if test -f $HOME/.gnupg/.gpg-agent-info && kill -0 $(cut -d: -f 2
$HOME/.gnupg/.gpg-agent-info) 2>/dev/null; then
        GPG_AGENT_INFO=$(cat $HOME/.gnupg/.gpg-agent-info)
        export GPG_AGENT_INFO
else
        eval $(/usr/bin/gpg-agent --sh --daemon --write-env-file
$HOME/.gnupg/.gpg-agent-info)
fi
--
I am using gpg 2.0.10, and opensuse 11.0. Does anyone know what I am doing
wrong?

Felipe