gpgsm data structure

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon May 4 10:19:18 CEST 2009

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:02, rookie01 at arcor.de said:

> A recipient cannot decrypt my gpgsm signed and encrypted data. He sent me some data he can decrypt. It looks like this:

If you post ASN.1 dumps and expect me to read them, pretty please use
dumpasn1 and not the openssl tools.

> So here.s my question: Why is the gpgsm data in 4kB blocks and is there a .easy. way to change this blocksize.

4KB is a reasonable size, no specific reason for it.  An ASN.1 parser is
expected to parse it.  It is quite possible that there is a but our
parser but that would be the first report for a couple of years.

What version of gpgsm are you using?

  $ gpgsm --version
  gpgsm (GnuPG) 2.0.12-svn4945
  libgcrypt 1.4.2-svn1299