Does the SCM SCR3320 work with GnuPG?

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sat Sep 12 19:40:27 CEST 2009

David Shaw wrote:
> I can't speak to the MyKey device, but I have a SCR3320 and it works
> just fine with GnuPG and the v2 card.

Great, thanks for the info. One more question, does your reader look like
[1] or like [2]?

I must say I like the supposedly "new housing" ([2]) better than the "old"
one. Swapping cards seems easier and more logical with the new model. The
Conrad links have some more pictures showing how to swap cards.

> I like the smaller "USB stick" form factor a lot more than the larger
> "credit card" sized cards.  They're much easier to deal with when you
> don't have smartcard readers wherever you go.

I totally agree. I like the idea of the separate keypad of, f.e., the SPR532
I have (even though I don't use it currently), but mobility is worth more.

Peter Lebbing.

PS: I accidentally backspaced over the 'l' in '.html' in the link to the
MyKey on the SCM site in the previous mail.

[1]http://www.conrad.nl/goto.php?artikel=971793
[2]http://www.conrad.nl/goto.php?artikel=971780

--
I'm using the GNU Privacy Guard (GnuPG) in combination with Enigmail.
My key is available at http://wwwhome.ewi.utwente.nl/~lebbing/pubkey.txt