SHA2 digest, V2 smartcard and gpg-agent problem

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Jul 24 11:11:39 CEST 2010

Stanislav Sidorenko <stanislav at sidorenko.biz> writes:

> I've made a quick&dirty fix that enables using SHA256 instead of RIPEMD160.
>                     hashalgo == GCRY_MD_SHA256? "--hash=sha256 ": "",

Okay.  I just fixed that and gnupg 1 will now allow all hash
algorithms.  Note that this change is only required if you use gpg 1
with gpg-agent.  In general it is better to use gpg2 - we keep gpg
mainly for server operations and then it uses the integrated card stuff
- without scdaemon.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner