Split keys

Roscoe eocsor at gmail.com
Fri May 7 00:09:06 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 5:30 AM, Faramir <faramir.cl at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Well, there are tools implementing SSSS in Windows, but I think
> different implementations are not compatible with each other. The only
> open source implementation I have found is the one available at
> http://point-at-infinity.org/ssss/
>
>  I was told the souce code is simple enough to make an updated version
> for windows, but I lack the skill needed to do it, and the person that
> told me it won't do it unless the organization in which we are involved
> require the tool. So maybe the easiest way would be to install ubuntu in
> a machine (maybe a virtual machine), install SSSS from ubuntu's
> repositories, and use it on that platform.
>
>  I think people would find SSSS a lot more reliable if GnuPG includes
> (and maintain it) as a complement of GnuPG, that way we would know it
> will be available as long as GnuPG is available, but I understand they
> can't implement each and every tool somebody thinks desirable to have.

If you're still talking about http://point-at-infinity.org/ssss/, it's
free software. you don't have to worry about it disappearing anymore
than you have to worry about gpg disappearing. Also being pretty
simple to begin with and five years old now, there's not much
maintaining to be done.

If you lack the skill to port it and need it done pay someone to do it :)
(I'd talk to SSSS's dev, then I'd talk to the guy who made the
existing win32 port)

Regards,

-- Roscoe