new Installation... configure issues

raviraj kondraguntla rajsk.16 at gmail.com
Tue May 25 16:03:33 CEST 2010

All,
Thanks for your reply.
I checked the package GCC, it is showing that it was already installed.
$ pkginfo | grep -i gcc
system      SUNWgcc                          gcc - The GNU C compiler
system      SUNWgccruntime                   GCC Runtime libraries

$ which cc
/usr/ucb/cc
But I am not sure why GnuPG software is looking for cc in
/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc

I gave CC location while configuring, but it throwed error message again
$ ./configure CC=/usr/ucb/cc
PATH: /usr/ccs/bin
configure:3278: checking for gcc
configure:3305: result: /usr/ucb/cc
configure:3550: /usr/ucb/cc --version >&5
/usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed
configure:3560: /usr/ucb/cc -v >&5
/usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed
configure:3570: /usr/ucb/cc -V >&5
/usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed
configure:3623: /usr/ucb/cc -Xc -xstrconst -xcg92 $(INCLUDE_FLAGS) -O
-DSUN_OS5 -DNLS_ASIA -DAFSTUBS   conftest.c  >&5
/usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed
Please provide me some inputs to proceed