gpg output to a filename ending with .pgp

Jeremy Bennett JBennett at nbic.com
Tue May 25 16:03:30 CEST 2010

I have been googling for an answer on how to have gpg encrypt a file to a file with a pgp extension.  It looks like maybe the only way is via a output redirect (> ?). I'm trying this via a command line on a windows box.  Here is my initial command in a batch file:

c:\gnupg\gpg -e -r tester --yes %1

I think I tried to use a --output or a -o switch but neither seemed to work.
Has anyone tried this before? Could you paste your command here? Please cc me since i'm not on the mailing list yet.

Thanks very much!

Jeremy R. Bennett
Client Systems Developer/Analyst
Narragansett Bay Insurance Company

This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately.