new Installation... configure issues

John Clizbe JPClizbe at
Tue May 25 23:35:19 CEST 2010

raviraj kondraguntla wrote:
> All,
> Thanks for your reply.
> I checked the package GCC, it is showing that it was already installed.
> $ pkginfo | grep -i gcc
> system      SUNWgcc                          gcc - The GNU C compiler
> system      SUNWgccruntime                   GCC Runtime libraries
> $ which cc
> /usr/ucb/cc
> But I am not sure why GnuPG software is looking for cc in
> /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc

the cc in /usr/ucb is not the cc you want (unless you're running an old version
of SunOS 4.x)

CC=gcc ./configure may get you a bit further along, but I suspect there may be
other user environment issues.

for advice and directions. /usr/ucb is specifically referenced

As others have pointed out, this is not a GnuPG problem

John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a)
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://  or
     mailto:pgp-public-keys at