OpenGPG card: PIN enry on keypad?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Nov 11 16:31:52 CET 2010

Hi,

Pinpads do only work with the inetrnal CCID driver.  Thus you need to
stop pcscd (there is no need for it) and get the permissions for the
reader right; see the card howto.

Further we only support those readers we tested:

  /* We have only tested a few readers so better don't risk anything
     and do not allow the use with other readers. */
  switch (handle->id_vendor)
    {
    case VENDOR_SCM:  /* Tested with SPR 532. */
    case VENDOR_KAAN: /* Tested with KAAN Advanced (1.02). */
      break;
    case VENDOR_CHERRY:
      /* The CHERRY XX44 keyboard echos an asterisk for each entered
         character on the keyboard channel.  We use a special variant
         of PC_to_RDR_Secure which directs these characters to the
         smart card's bulk-in channel.  We also need to append a zero
         Lc byte to the APDU.  It seems that it will be replaced with
         the actual length instead of being appended before the APDU
         is send to the card. */
      cherry_mode = 1;
      break;
    default: