multiple keys vs multiple identities

Simon Richter Simon.Richter at hogyros.de
Mon Sep 27 13:37:49 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:42:19PM +0200, Vjaceslavs Klimovs wrote:

> Thank you for all your replies. It seems that multiple separate keys is
> the way to go for me. Is it socially acceptable to ask someone to sign
> several keys, for example during key signing event? Is this a common
> occurrence?

Yes, although you should probably limit it to two or three keys at the
most, as verification of key fingerprints takes time and most keysigning
party modes are only as fast as the slowest pair. If you have a "main"
key, it is usually best to make sure it is well-connected by presenting
it at every key signing party during the official part, and negotiating
individual signings for the other keys unofficially.

It all depends on the circumstances at the party though.

   Simon