PGP/MIME considered harmful for mobile

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Feb 25 07:39:48 CET 2011

On 2/24/11 8:33 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> thanks for the heads-up, Robert.  I'm assuming you're talking about
> PGP/MIME signed mail, not encrypted mail.

Correct.

> Has this been reported to wherever this mailreader tracks their bugs?
> if so, could you provide a link to the bug report?  I'd like to follow
> the discussion.

No, since I didn't discover it until I was in the airport checking my
email on my Droid X.

Notably, I haven't been able to view your messages at all: all I get is
an empty message and an icon showing attachments.  I have to manually
d/l the plain text portions, then open them in either HTMLviewer or
QuickOffice.  If people doubt this, I'll be happy to show images.