Question regarding the migration of the pgp keyring to gpg

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Thu Jun 16 19:51:02 CEST 2011

On May 27, 2011, at 8:24 AM, Pramod.R wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thanks so much for your response on this.
>
> Now, when I tried decrypting a pgp encrypted file through a gpg (using the gpg --decrypt command), I'm running into this problem of "idea encryption (0) failed" even when I tried compiling one of the idea.c that I downloaded, using the command: gcc -Wall -O2 -shared -fPIC -DBIG_ENDIAN_HOST -o idea idea.c
>
> I came across one of your posts in the below link where you mentioned that you edited the idea.c for the "endianness" and got it working:
>
> http://markmail.org/message/gmev3dorhh7xa5nt#query:+page:1+mid:omfowi5jah2w2xxt+state:results
>
> Could you please let send me the latest version of the idea.c that has taken care of this problem?

Probably your best bet for IDEA support is to build it right into the binary.  To do this, take the idea.c file and put it in the "cipher" directory of the GnuPG distribution (you said earlier you were using 1.4.11).  Then do the usual ./configure and make as you normally do.   The build scripts have code to recognize this case and will incorporate IDEA directly into the resulting gpg binary.

David