timestamp notation @gnupg.org

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jun 27 15:23:26 CEST 2011

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 19:21, jerome at jeromebaum.com said:

> Just so that Werner has a summary of what we've discussed, to base a
> decision on.

Thanks for that summary.

What I miss is a real use case for it.  Is there someone implementing a
general purpose time stamping service?  IIRC, there used to be some 10
years or more ago. Still any?  I don't know.

How if that is the case, please go ahead, implement it using whatever
notation you like and get that service running.  gpgme has the features
to display such notations, thus you can easily write a check-timestamp
application for your service.  How if that service is in real use, it
might be the time to see whether it is worth an I-D or whether GPG
should understand such an notation if - then - marked critical.

We have way too many features in OpenPGP and GPG with the majority of
them not being used.  Adding a yet another new feature should only be
done if there is real world need for it.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner