hashed user IDs [was: Re: Security of the gpg private keyring?]

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Mar 3 01:59:48 CET 2011

On 3/2/11 7:37 PM, Ben McGinnes wrote:
> More seriously, I've been through this discussion with MFPA before and
> I can see some circumstances where his idea might have merit, so I'd
> be willing to help test too.

Same here.  I am deeply skeptical, but not unwilling to be proven wrong.

IMPOSSIBLE: means (1) I wouldn't like it and when it happens I won't
approve; (2) I can't be bothered; (3) God can't be bothered.  Meaning #3
may perhaps be valid but the others are 101% whaledreck.

	-- John Brunner, _Stand on Zanzibar_