Key generation on card fails with key sizes larger than 1024 bits

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed May 18 22:19:31 CEST 2011

On Tue, 17 May 2011 19:39, venture37 at gmail.com said:

> No, I assumed I didn't need to as the reader works fine with the
> internal CCID driver (I can fetch card status, edit card details &
> generate 1024bit keyson the card)

Sure, it is the reader I used for many years.  I am currently using a
3310 or so.

> scdaemon.log output on FreeBSD:

Is there a chance that you can test it on a Linux box?  It looks pretty
much like an USB stack problem or a problem with libusb.  If I find the
time I can test it on kfreebsd 8.2.

You may also install pcscd and use disable-ccid-driver in scdaemon.conf
to check a different CCID implementation.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner