STEED - Usable end-to-end encryption

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Oct 21 10:14:40 CEST 2011

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 01:46, marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de said:

> not ask for data that is not available for whatever reason.  I think your
> interpretation of the regulations in that area is overly pessimistic, but I
> could be wrong.  Maybe you can verify this?

Actually the German Federal commissioner for data protection demands the
use of strong encryption.  According to him the message-escrow-able
de-mail.de law and services are not suitable for private messages. [1]

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

[1] In German:
<http://www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Oeffentlichkeitsarbeit/Pressemitteilungen/2011/12_InkrafttretenDEMailGesetz.html?nn=408908>