gpg4win: homedir option not passed on to gpg-agent

Peter C. Dietrich peter.c.dietrich at freenet.de
Mon Apr 23 20:15:12 CEST 2012

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 16:34:16 +0200, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 11:56, peter.c.dietrich at freenet.de said:
>
>> I use gpg on Windows XP Sp3 via gpg4win 2.1.1-svn1694.
>
> I don't know this version.  The last released one is 2.1.0.  Meanwhile
> we switched to git and thus the svn prefix does not make sense anymore.
> Please test with the 2.1.0.
>

> Salam-Shalom,
>
>    Werner

I installed this version (2.1.1-svn1694) only after I had experienced the
behavior I described with version 2.1.0. Then I searched for a solution
and what I found was just said version, I don't remember where I actually
got it from. I didn't know it was unbeknown to the developers.

Anyway, I have reinstalled the official release (2.1.0), and the behavior
is still as mentioned in my previous post (tried to generate a new keyring
in a directory that is not the home directory with "gpg2 --homedir
some/other/directory --gen-key" and receive gpg-agent related IPC error).
Installing the newest beta of gpg4win (gpg 2.1.1-git93779b3) did not make
a difference in this respect, either.

So, if you know of a way to mend this, tell me, please.

Kind regards,
Peter