GPA and hkps

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Thu Jun 28 00:57:44 CEST 2012

John wrote:
> "Werner Koch" <wk at gnupg.org> wrote in message
> news:<87lijbfbzk.fsf__7982.15741892836$1340651488$gmane$org at vigenere.g10code.de>...
>> On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 23:22, jw72253 at verizon.net said:
>>
>> > message when I use GPA to try retrieving a key. The message states
>> > this: "There is no plugin available for the keyserver protocol you
>> > specified." What am I missing? Thanks.
>>
>> IIRC, GPA has no support for "hpks".  You need to use "hkp".  For
>> historical reasons GPA uses GnuPG's key server helper programs directly
>> and has not been updated to allow for TLS encrypted connections.
>
> Werner, hello.
>
> If GPA has no support for hkps, what commands should be used on the command
> line with gpg, given what I have already indicated? Thanks.

The real problems here is that there is no agreement on which port HKPS should
be served, and few if any keyservers are supporting TLS/SSL encypted connections.

Unless you know the details of the keyserver you are trying to use, your best
bet is https://

-John
--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
SKS/Enigmail/PGP-EKP                  or: John ( @ ) Enigmail DAWT net

A:"An odd melody / island voices on the winds / surplus of vowels"