Is it possible to construct a GPG Certificate from an existing RSA key pair

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 16:22:20 CEST 2012

> Am Sa 06.10.2012, 15:53:25 schrieb Melvin Carvalho:
> > Is it possible to construct a GPG 'Certificate' from an existing RSA key
> > pair?
> >
> > I've got some 2048 RSA keys I'd like to reuse, is there any way I can use
> > them to make everything I need for GPG?
>
> How do you have these key pairs? Are they part of a GnuPG keyring? What is
> missing?

Long story but I have them in various forms

- as an exponent / modulus
- as PEM
- as DER
- as .p12
- as id_rsa (ssh)

I originally extracted the key pair from my GPG key->.p12 using some java
code below:

https://gist.github.com/1505613

If there's any way it's theoretically possible to try and do the reverse
and reconstruct some of the GPG from the .p12 I'd be very grateful to know.