Total Newbie Can't Unpack Tar Ball on AIX

MichaelQuigley at TheWay.Org MichaelQuigley at TheWay.Org
Tue May 21 16:15:51 CEST 2013

"Gnupg-users" <gnupg-users-bounces at gnupg.org> wrote on 05/21/2013 07:01:25
AM:

> ----- Message from Peter Lebbing <peter at digitalbrains.com> on Tue,
> 21 May 2013 13:02:17 +0200 -----

> "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs at berklix.com>
>
> cc:
>
> gnupg-users at gnupg.org

> Re: Total Newbie Can't Unpack Tar Ball on AIX
>
> On 21/05/13 12:43, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> > then next problem:
> > I presume what you downloaded is sources, so you will need to compile
> > them first.
>
> If somebody has a link to binaries for AIX, that might be a much shorter
route
> to a working GnuPG. Unfortunately I can't provide such a link.
>
> Peter.

Here's a couple links:

http://www.oss4aix.org/download/latest/aix61/

  -- scan down for gnupg-1.4.13-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm

http://www.perzl.org/aix/index.php?n=Main.Gnupg

  should be able to download the same file

HTH -- Michael