[OT] Why are you using the GPG / PGP keys?

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Wed May 29 00:14:15 CEST 2013

On 28-05-2013 23:18, Henry Hertz Hobbit wrote:

> But what does Firefox and other browsers want to do?  They want
> to PERMANENTLY store the exception.

Still easier to use than my experience with my own mailserver. When I
set it up to accept only secure connections Thunderbird had no problems,
but my phone (Nokia E72) kept refusing to use the selfsigned certificate
permanantly. I had to approve it each time, even after importing it in
the phone. Until I found out, a year later and almost by accident, that
the CN field of the certificate has to exactly match the domainname of
the mailserver. After creating a new certificate it runs good, but too
much checks can also give problems and could have driven less tech-savy
people away from encryption.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers