[OT] Why are you using the GPG / PGP keys?

reynt0 reynt0 at cs.albany.edu
Wed May 29 03:53:29 CEST 2013

On Tues, May 28, 2013 Mark H. Wood wrote:
  . . .
> Were we doing stuff by email five years ago which really
> didn't fit the email model very well, which stuff is
> today escaping to media better designed for it?
  . . .

Speaking only from my own observations, the quick chatty
time-wasting email sequences seem to have migrated to
SMS/Twitter/whatever, like kids (or others with nothing
better to do) on the phone all the time.  But I would say
email was not a good way to do that anyhow, it just seemed
cheaper than old phone calls used to be before wide
existence of personal phone devices (cell phones).  As far
as I see, email is still used for stuff that takes thought
or attention or responsibility, even though it may be sent
using the same smart phone as is used for texting/tweeting/whatever.