Build Problems Involving libgpg-error

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Dec 3 08:37:53 CET 2014

On Wed,  3 Dec 2014 00:53, tjakway at nyu.edu said:

> ./autogen.sh (gave normal output)

Okay, you are using some GIT version.  Thus expect to run into problems.

> asshelp.c:511:33: error: ‘GPG_ERR_FORBIDDEN’ undeclared (first use in

This is a new error code which is substituted for older libgpg-errors:

  /* These error codes are used but not defined in the required
     libgpg-error version.  Define them here. */
  #if GPG_ERROR_VERSION_NUMBER < 0x011200  /* 1.18 */
  # define GPG_ERR_FORBIDDEN    251
  #endif

No, the git version of libgpg-error already has been set to version 1.18
but I have not yet pushed the changes.   I suggest to use a released
gpg-error version or go back to the libgpg-error-1.17 tag.  You may also
wait an hour or so until I have pushed the new error code.

> PS: Earlier I tried sending this to gpg-devel but there was an issue

The other list is gnupg-devel and not gpg-devel - maybe that was the
problem.  In general I would suggest to use gnupg-devel for build
problems from GIT.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner