Beta for 2.1.1 available

Hugo Hinterberger Hugo.Hinterberger at gmx.net
Wed Dec 10 09:57:30 CET 2014

Hi,

I am still trying to find a working solution to verify incoming files and
messages with GnuPG on Windows … and I want the solution to be able to
handle PGP/MIME messages read through Gmane using elliptic curve based keys.
I just have started to try signing messages.

> A misunderstanding of EOL conventions?

I tried signing a text several times, every time with the same result, the
broken signature.

I just tried to reproduce my previous results; now it seems to work.
What is different? I ran Windows Update. I tried it on the console before
using GPA.

OK, so I did some more experimenting:
1. Sign “Clipboard” in GPA using key 1.
2. Sign signed text in “Clipboard” in GPA using key 2.
3. Verify text in “Clipboard” in GPA.
4. Verify text in “Clipboard” in GPA.

Results:
After 1.: Signed text looks fine, just like on the console.
After 2.: Signed text looks fine, just like on the console (two “BEGIN PGP
SIGNED MESSAGE” and two PGP signature blocks).
After 3.: Validation successful (valid), message stripped of signature is
mangled (empty lines inserted).
After 4.: Validation successful (valid), message stripped of signature is
mangled again (now each line is followed by two empty lines).

Copying text from “Clipboard” in GPA to Windows clipboard results in message
stripped of signature after step 4 to not be mangled, except for two
newlines at the end of the message (they were not there at the start).
The text copied to the Windows clipboard is mangled again (just the
signature part): every line created by GPA is followed by 2 empty lines, the
original message seems unchanged.
Verifying the content of the Windows clipboard by pasing it into the
“Clipboard” in GPA results in a “"Clipboard" contained no OpenPGP data.”
warning.

Something is rotten in the state of GPA.

Regards,
Hugo