problems after changing primary UID

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jun 13 16:06:28 CEST 2014

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 09:25, daniel at pocock.com.au said:

> Looking at it again today, "gpg --list-secret-keys" shows me that two of
> my UIDs, including the new one, were not listed on the second computer.

That the usual of gpg not able to merge secret keys.

> as described in https://wiki.debian.org/Subkeys
>
> Is copying the file like this a valid solution?

Yes. I used to do something similar.

> Is there an easier way to deal with this situation?

Give 2.1.0-beta a try; it makes the secret key management much easier.
Despite that 2.1 has warnings about being a beta versions, I am using it
for about 4 years now.

But take care, the latest beta has a problem exporting secret ECC keys.
But ECC keys are not very common anway.  I introduced that bug in the
last beta without noticing.  I'll fix next week.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner