GnuPG 2.1.3 Fails to Compile OS X

Eric F iericf at openmailbox.org
Thu Apr 23 03:56:10 CEST 2015

On 4/22/15 21:53 , Ben McGinnes wrote:

>> > That script (po/quot.po) did not changed for more than a decade.  I
>> > guess your sed is broken (did you recently update it)?
> Nope, there's only one sed on the system, the default one in /usr/bin
> and that appears to be the semi-standard FreeBSD one compiled for OS X
> Mach.
Yes, sed in OS X is a little bit different. “Sed'ing” an output is fine,
but when to change/write something in a file it's different.Example:

gnu sed:    sed -i 's/foo/bar/g' foobar.txt
osx sed:    sed -i '' 's/foo/bar/g' foobar.txt

I've updated sed to gnu's sed(-4.2 <https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/sed/>) and
it works fine. (+ an updated libiconv).

    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-libiconv-prefix=/usr/local

(Haven't compiled gnupg though).

HTH

/Eric