Yubikey NEO OpenPGP advisory

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Mon Apr 27 12:36:32 CEST 2015

On 27/04/15 11:43, MFPA wrote:
>> But I suppose it could work if you only use the NFC
>> functionality when you're in a safe environment such as
>> your own home.
>
> Presumably that would mean keeping your card in an RFID-proof wallet
> or tin when out and about.

Well, if the PIN protection actually works (unlike in the affected
Yubikeys) and you only enter the PIN in an environment where you're sure
nobody is sniffing the over-the-air data, I suppose you could decide to
rely on the fact that your PIN is still secret, preventing access to
unauthorized people.

Peter.