MIME or inline signature ?

MFPA 2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net
Mon Feb 16 04:00:24 CET 2015

On Sunday 15 February 2015 at 3:12:01 PM, in
<mid:54E0B741.4000909 at mailbox.org>, Stephan Beck wrote:

> Didn't you say before you got the same error message as
> I did?

Yes, I get "gpg: BAD signature from "Xavier Maillard
<xavier at maillard.im>" [unknown]". But that is not an error message,
simply a report on how the signature verification went.

> No, it does not fetch the correct key, not with
> that very message.

The preceding lines in the GnuPG output say otherwise:-

gpg: Signature made 12/02/2015 22:46:15 GMT Standard Time
gpg:                using RSA key 0xDE2FFC869AFA5165
gpg: using subkey 0xDE2FFC869AFA5165 instead of primary key 0xBA4909B78F04DE1B

which matches with both the key that GnuPG fetches and the key
identified in Xavier's message kludges.

I do not know what subset of the GnuPG output Enigmail reports.

> What is is that indicates (you) that
> the server might be down?

When I tried to follow the link in Xavier's "X-GPG-Key" header it
timed out. And when I put "wwwkeys.pgp.net" into the box on
<http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com> it told me the site was down.

The link to that keyserver's web interface still times out for me in
two different browsers, but the "downforeveryoneorjustme.com" response
now says it is up. Strange.

- --
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net

I would like to help you out. Which way did you come in?