Updating public key problem

MFPA 2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net
Fri Jan 2 15:30:03 CET 2015

Hi

On Thursday 1 January 2015 at 5:10:48 PM, in
<mid:54A57F98.3070503 at zoho.com>, Linux Debian wrote:

> those 2 expired subkeys still appear

That should be the case. But the key you attached has only one subkey
(0x1181AAE315915635), and that is all I can see in the web interface
of three different keyservers. I also do not pick up any additional
subkeys in GnuPG if I refresh your key from a keyserver.

> and that's why, in
> my opinion, why the sending an encrypted message
> doesn't work by the free service like -
> https://encrypt.to/linuxdebian@zoho.com Before the
> expirationd date of those 2 keys, the encrypt.to
> service worked.

If that is the reason, there must be an awful lot of keys that would
not work with that service. However, in the absence of error messages
it is hard to diagnose the reason. Maybe the people who run encrypt.to
might be willing to help you.

My current and previous keys don't work there, and nor do a couple of
test keys I have knocking around. Two of the four cause the page to
freeze and block input to the message compose window, with no error
message at all - just like yours does. One generates a message saying
there is no key id associated with that email address, or there is no
email address associated with that key id - yet I can retrieved it
from a keyserver by searching on the email address. The fourth one
encrypts the message in the box, then (because the UID intentionally
intentionally contains an unrouteable address) produces the rather
uninformative error message "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try
again."

> Thanks for any tip how to correctly update or what to
> do, so my public key would be possible to be used by
> encrypt.to for those who wanna send me a private
> message.

Does encrypt.to cope with 4096-bit keys and SHA256 binding signatures?
What size was your old encryption subkey?

- --
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net

ETHERNET(n): device used to catch the Ether bunny