Enigmail speed geeking

Stephan Beck stebe at mailbox.org
Wed Mar 11 23:30:52 CET 2015

Hi Robert,

Am 11.03.2015 um 18:10 schrieb Robert J. Hansen:

> "Things you're doing wrong with Enigmail" is a short (500-word) essay on
> four mistakes I repeatedly see Enigmail users making.  However, it's not
> limited to Enigmail: most of the content is broadly applicable to any
> cryptosystem.
>
> http://robert-hansen.com/?p=83

I enjoyed reading your blog. In particular, the about page is really worth reading.
As to your enigmail essay, point 1, would you go that far that keeping keys on
hard disk is unsafe and using a smart card is a must? I joined the list some
weeks ago and half of the messages (I'm exaggerating) were/are about smart
cards, so I take up this point here, although you might not have implied it.

TIA

Stephan