making a Debian Live CD for managing GnuPG master key and smartcards

Paul R. Ramer free10pro at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 07:38:24 CEST 2016

On 04/26/2016 05:24 AM, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.pro> wrote:
>> You can use the wiki to link to the Github tasks that are relevant to
>> using epgp in the Live CD, you don't have to copy the details of each
>> task, just link to them
>>

> It doesn't seem reasonable to me.

Honestly, what is with this, "It doesn't seem reasonable to me," line?
This is the second post in the thread where you have said this.  If you
want people to react positively to the needs of your project, you might
choose not to say things like, "I don't want to...," and, "It doesn't
seem reasonable to me."

You already know that there seems to be a consensus that your project is
not a solution to any problem. [1] You effectively ask for help, and yet
when someone tells you how you can make a Debian package, which is an
issue on your development website [2], you say that you don't want to do
it because it "doesn't seem reasonable."

You can't have it both ways.  You are either engaging, communicative,
reasonable, and compromising, or you are not.  But don't expect anyone
to help you when reject their ideas out of turn.

You asked for help on smartcards recently because you don't have any
readers or cards.  I am not sure whether your project is useful or not,
but I had considered giving you some assistance since I have multiple
readers and cards.  I might help you out when I had some free time just
because you asked for it, I thought.  But your inflexible, and sometimes
irreverent, attitude has soured my intention.

All right.  The rant is over.

-Paul

[1] Not my opinion.  It is just based on reading the responses to your
project on this list.
[2] https://github.com/dashohoxha/egpg/issues/19