GNUPG Issues.

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Tue Jun 7 07:30:05 CEST 2016

On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 04:39:30AM +0000, Mrityunjay Kumar03 wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> On my application server GPG 1.2.1 is being used. Recently the keys
> expired on the server.

[SNIP]

> Could anyone please help.

As Robert said, nope, but this made my day ... and here's why ...

> Server version being used is Solaris 8.

Uh-huh ...

> ECSADMC - Telstra
> AUTOCAT & INOSS Support

So what you're actually saying is you've already tried calling the one
part of Sun/Oracle which provides support even to EOL and EOSL
software and hardware; the team which will literally bend over
backwards for the third biggest hardware customer globally (or as we
used to say, would bend over and shake Telstra by the fist).  Yet
you've managed to do something so completely and utterly against all
recommendations and specifications that even that team has said, "nope,
you're gonna have to upgrade, there is *nothing* that can be done."

Yet some middle manager has thrown a tantrum and said "it must work
the way it was when it was first deployed" (probably when Telstra was
still called Telecom Australia).  So you guys at Infosys thought,
"hey, let's get the open source community to do for free what Sun
won't do even at $10,000,000 per year (not counting actual hw and sw
purchases)."

You thought *that* would be a good idea?  Let me guess, you also
thought no one would realise what was really going on too, right?

You mislabeled this thread, this isn't a GnuPG issue, it's not even a
Sun/Oracle issue.  No, this is entirely a *Telstra* issue and they've
made it an InfoSys issue (probably because Frontline and IBM had
better sense too).

Regards,
Ben