Remove photos from OpenPGP key in the keyservers

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Tue Mar 8 18:24:10 CET 2016

On 08/03/16 16:08, Anthony Papillion wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that, if you just send your modified key to the
> keyserver again, it will replace the one that's there.

You shouldn't think of a PGP key as a single file that is overwritten -
it's more like a logbook that is progressively filled. Your primary key
is the first entry, and each "fact" that is associated with the primary
key (id, certification, subkey, photo) gets appended to the bottom. You
can upload a new fact to the keyservers, including a fact that
repudiates a previous fact, but it all just gets appended to the log and
it's the client's job to sort through it and decide what bits are still
relevant.