Attempted extortion of Enigmail

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu May 5 02:09:42 CEST 2016

I just received this at my Enigmail address.  I'm posting this publicly
because I side with Rudyard Kipling, who wrote:

    "And that is called paying the Dane-geld;
       But we've proved it again and again,
     That if once you have paid him the Dane-geld
       You never get rid of the Dane!"

There's a 99% chance this threat is empty.  If a miracle happens and
these people are actually capable of making good on their threat, the
Enigmail web site/mailing lists may see some disruption -- but even if
so, we'll be back afterwards.  Don't fear.  :)