'No pinentry' error (--pinentry-mode loopback with --delete-secret-and-public-key)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue May 10 11:35:33 CEST 2016

On Tue, 10 May 2016 09:47, caro at nymph.paranoici.org said:

> Meanwhile I'm sure it's a bug similar to
> https://bugs.gnupg.org/gnupg/issue2324.

Not really.

> GnuPG 2.1 isn't ready for embedded usage yet.
> It's still experimental, so we have to wait.

No, it is not experimental, but you have a rare use case by doing
unattended deletion of secret keys.  FWIW, You would have run into a
very similar problem with gpgsm for more than a decade.

I just pushed the attached fix. (consider
 s/--disallow-loopback-passpharse/--no-allow-loopback-pinentry/
for the commit message)

You should be able to apply this to 2.1.12.  GPGME probably needs an
update too.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner