x488 vs all other : keyid flip

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Wed Apr 17 13:00:38 CEST 2024

On 28 Mar 2024, at 12:54, Christian Sommer via Gnupg-users <gnupg-users at gnupg.org> wrote:

> when explicitly telling GnuPG to display x448 fingerprints (gpg
> --fingerprint) it just spits out the "abbreviated hex format" by takes
> the first 50 bytes and sweeping the rest under the rug! Not very nice.

Hi, Christian.

This seems to depend on whether you have “with-fingerprint” enabled in your gpg.conf file. I commented out this line from my own gpg.conf, and I was able to reproduce Werner’s full 64-character v5 fingerprint output. With this configuration line enabled I could only see your 50-character fingerprint output.

Hope this helps,
Andrew.