Disable integrity check

Matt Henderson matt at dafacto.com
Thu Apr 18 19:00:59 CEST 2024

Hello,

I’m a user of the macOS version of GPGTools, and am trying to decrypt literally thousands of files that I PGP encrypted decades ago.

The problem I’m facing is that during the decryption of each file, I’m prompted to manually confirm to overlook a failed integrity check.

Since these files were all encrypted by me, I’d be fine to temporarily disable the integrity check altogether. In fact, that’s the only way decrypting them can be done practically.

However, the fine folks at GPGTools indicated that they didn’t know how to do this, and suggested posting the question to this list.

Thanks so much, in advance.

-- Matt