Win 11 + Smarcard: SSH public key authentication fails

Thomas Schneider t.schneider at disroot.org
Mon Jan 15 20:03:19 CET 2024

Hello Werner,

thanks for your reply.

Your understanding is correct:
 From Win 11 to any other (Linux) server using SSH.

Actually I installed PuTTY only because of this statement (I found in my
research):
"[...] The ssh-pageant provides the same kind of functionality to ssh
but, as opposed to ssh-agent, does speak the PuTTY protocol. This
enables ssh to speak with the gpg-agent via the ssh-pageant.[...]"

And ssh-pageant is not available for Win 11, but pageant is included in
PuTTY.

Could you please share some details of your working setup (scripts
connecting from Win 10/11 to other servers using SSH).

THX
Thomas