[gnutls-dev] Re: GnuTLS 1.3.5

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Wed Mar 8 19:58:35 CET 2006

Simon Josefsson <jas at extundo.com> writes:

> ** The function gnutls_x509_crt_to_xml now return an internal error.
> This means that the code to convert X.509 certificates to XML format
> does not work any more.  The reason is that the function called
> libtasn1 internal functions.  It seems unclean for libtasn1 to export
> the APIs needed here.  Instead it would be better to implement XML
> support inside libtasn1 properly.  If you need this functionality
> strongly, please consider looking into implementing this suggested
> approach instead.  As a workaround, you may also modify lib/x509/xml.c
> (change '#if 1' to '#if 0') and build using --with-included-libtasn1.

Perhaps we should ask about this on the list, so here goes:

Does anyone use the X.509 XML stuff?

We're inclined to disable it permanently, and maybe even remove it.
The only way to avoid that is to supply us with patches that implement
XML support inside libtasn1 (instead of in GnuTLS), which seem to be
the "correct" solution.  Or, naturally, pay us to do it for you.

Thanks,
Simon