GPA development

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan@intevation.de
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:22:10 +0200

On Wed, Jun 21, 2000 at 08:24:42AM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:

> > a) Keyring management and the management of files management are largely
> > different tasks. They should be divided into separate tools.
>
> Agreed - however it should also work as a standalone tool.
OK.
> > b) The keyring management dialog should transparently show
> > all important information in one window.
>
> Not all - Did you read the Whitten report on the PGP GUI.
> One important thing is still missing: An option (which is enabled by
> default) to suppress most information - the standard mode; the other
> information should only be shown in expert mode.
Yes, a expert/novice dual mode concept. I reagrd it quite useful with gpa as well.

oh sorry, my comment was a bit confusing. I just meant the remaining time a password is still kept when typed in once. The mutt has this option as well. Jan -- Jan-Oliver Wagner http://intevation.de/~jan/ Intevation GmbH http://intevation.de/ FreeGIS http://freegis.org/